Web Application Security
What Is Web Application Security?
Web application security is the process of defending, detecting and preventing cyber attacks on websites and web applications.
- Web application security is an important part of any company’s website. Companies invest millions of dollars every year in order to protect their customers and online assets.
- Website security is extremely important for a website that accepts credit card payments and must comply with the PCI DSS.
- Web Application Security is concerned with the protection of websites, web applications, and web services like APIs.
Here at Lorcam, we have a team trained professionals who have expertise in web application Security Pen testing. They assess the web application by using industry standard tools, scan for vulnerabilities, enumerate the all open services in order to find vulnerabilities and perform a penetration test manually to check the exploitability of the vulnerabilities. Further, We will do risk assessment based on the Pen Test result and we make sure that your application is secured.
Benefits Of The Web App Security
There is a growing concern that cyber crimes becoming more frequent. The industry of web application security is rapidly developing and so are the skills of hackers who are targeting these systems. Companies all over the world now need to invest in web application security training and services to protect their organizations from being hacked.
- APIs reduce risk from both internal and external sources.
- Protects sensitive information from being leaked.
- Consumer data is kept safe, and customer trust is increased.
- PCI-DSS and Application Security.
- A robust web application firewall.
- Infrastructure and users are being safeguarded.
Why Web Application Security Is Important?
Web application security is important because it protects the data of users, websites, and companies from malicious attacks by hackers. Many firms take on web application security teams, but what exactly is a web application?
A web application is a collection of software that allows people to access information via the internet. It includes features like Web APIs (for retrieving data), applications programs interfaces (APIs to provide additional rights and privileges), or other utilities
Who Performs Web Application Security Testing?
The responsibility of Web Application Security Testing is complicated and requires information security professionals with the skills and knowledge to provide an in-depth assessment, including both manual and automated techniques. Many organizations with in-house Information Security teams often employ outside experts to augment their teams.
These are just a few of the outside parties that can be called upon to perform Web Application Security Testing: independent security consultants, managed services providers (MSPs), penetration testers, vulnerability brokers (vuln firms), and service providers that specialize in application performance testing.
How Do We Do?
Security Testing Methodology For Web Applications
- Information Gathering:- Information gathering, also known as reconnaissance, is an important step in any penetration testing process since it gives useful information that may be used to uncover vulnerabilities.
Reconnaissance can be divided into two categories.
- Thread Modeling:- It’s the process of analyzing your organization and the associated risks to understand what threats could exist. Threat modeling can be challenging because it requires not only understanding the organization and its information flows, but also predicting third-party vulnerabilities that may impact your business.
- Vulnerability Analysis:- In web application security, there is a theory called Vulnerability analysis in which the focus is on how attackers can mobilize and use vulnerabilities in a web application to gain access. Here we also discuss some of the challenges associated with vulnerability analysis and what engineers should consider when they are moving towards implementing such a methodology.
- Exploitation:- This step will consist of attempting to exploit all potential vulnerabilities found in the preceding phases of the assessment in the same way that an attacker would. This step determines the true risk level associated with successful exploitation of the vulnerability, analyzes the likelihood of exploit/attack chains, and accounts for any mitigation controls in place.
Reporting:-After completing the all steps, we make a professional level report that comprises a high-level overview of assessment activities, scopes, overall risk ranking, organizational security strengths, and applicable screenshots, and is tailored for management consumption.
Our Working Process
Initial talks that happen between the client firm and the security experts for a discussion of the security status of the infra.
Security experts draft a proposal of all the testing and patching services required by the client firm.
Scope of the project (focus area, requirements, etc.) is determined by the complexity and need for security (web, mobile, cloud, etc.)
Security experts initiate engagement activity with the methodology to make it secure by finding loopholes and patching them.
Need A Free Estimate?
Reach out to us with your Scope and Complexity and get a free estimate from our expert team and duration for the security assessment of your network or Application.
- Use a web application firewall
- Implement the session management
- Unless they are confirmed using powerful cryptographic techniques, don’t trust HTTP referrer headers, client browser parameters and cookies, form fields, or hidden parameters.
- Regularly review your application logs.
- Create a version control system and a separate development environment for your applications.
Firstly, to begin, make sure that the web links that bring you to the website come from the website owner’s genuine publications or other reliable sources. Without double-checking, do not click on web links provided by untrustworthy sources (e.g. Internet messages). If you must enter sensitive information on a website, it should issue you with a ‘server certificate’ that you may use to verify its validity.
To prevent forced surfing of web apps, ensure that access-control settings on every page and application on the site are accurate and current.
If you are changing any functionality or updating your web application, it is recommended for your organization to test your web application quarterly or half-yearly to save and secure your web application.
Web application security is valid until any latest update release on your security.
if you go for a complete web pen tester or VAPT, our organization will provide you with a security certificate that is valid for 6 months or 12 months as per the contract details.
After getting a request for a proposal from your side, we will give you the technical and commercial details for the project, and after mutual agreement on, the legal contract we can start the project.
The cost of the project depends on the complexity of the project or your web application infrastructure and the duration of the contract.